Welcome to the WBA-MD
The Women's Bar Association of Maryland (WBA) is a specialty bar association of women and men supporting women in the legal profession and working for equal rights and opportunities for women in the legal profession and the community. The WBA offers its members opportunities for personal and professional growth, networking and business development, and leadership through its:
The WBA’s diverse membership is comprised of female and male lawyers, judges, government and elected officials, and law school students. Our members represent all areas of the state, and form 11 local chapters (“chapters” a link to our Chapters Page):
The WBA recognizes women who have advanced women’s rights and women in the legal profession through its prestigious Rita C. Davidson annual award. In addition, the WBA promotes its esteemed members in its nominations for state and national awards.
WBA STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Women’s Bar Association of Maryland (“WBA”) is an organization of women and men committed to the full and equal participation of women in the legal profession and in a just society. The WBA believes that a strong community of women in the legal profession is essential to the administration of justice.
The mission and goals of the WBA are to:
• Promote and assist women to obtain positions of influence and leadership within their workplace, the legal profession, the judiciary, and the community;
• Raise awareness of and fight biases against women within the community at large, the legal profession, and under the law;
• Promote and effect diversity, equality, and justice under the law and within the legal system;
• Support women in the legal profession in their personal and professional lives;
• Provide opportunities for volunteerism and advocacy on issues affecting women;
• Collaborate with other individuals and organizations to improve the status of women;
• Celebrate the individual and collective achievements of women in the legal profession; and
• Promote full and equal participation of women in society by eliminating all forms of discrimination.
Back To Top
HOME | About Us | Membership | Calendar | Contact Us
ADDRESS: PO Box 58 Maryland Line, MD 21105 PHONE: 888.858.9958 FAX: 866.458.0095
Copyright © 2009 The Women's Bar Association of Maryland. All Rights Reserved.